Frequently Asked Questions (mostly)
- Q. Why is Paparazzi! accessing my Contacts?
- A. Paparazzi! imports URLs from your Contacts into its Bookmarks bar by default in 0.6.5, however this will be disabled by default for new installs starting in 0.6.6.
- Q. Will there ever be a Windows version?
- A. No. Paparazzi! is based entirely around WebKit and Cocoa, and as such, a porter would be better off simply starting over from scratch and releasing their own product.
- Q. What’s up with the funny format of paparazzi: URLs with arguments?
A. I wanted to make it as easy as possible to simply have a URL with just the hostname, e.g.,
(For the full URL spec in BNF format, see here!)
- Q. Dude, where’s my Python? I thought this was based on webkit2png!
- A. Only the idea is based on webkit2png; there is no actual Python code in Paparazzi!.
- Q. Why is this free? I see similar applications for both Mac and Windows that cost $20-30!
- A. Because I love writing it. If you do feel that it's worth your $20-30, don't hesitate to donate!
- Q. I’m using 0.3, and background images don’t show when I save as PDF! What gives?
- A. Basically, I forgot that the WebPreferences settings were saved to the defaults database. You can fix this yourself by opening the terminal and typing
defaults write org.derailer.Paparazzi\! WebKitShouldPrintBackgroundsPreferenceKey -bool true(all one line) and pressing return.